A couple of clicks are sufficient for the interface of Windows 11 to bend to your wants. Inescapable passage of the system, the taskbar is without doubt one of the parts that you may modify.
Present for years in Windows, the taskbar is experiencing a small evolution with Windows 11. Nestled on the backside of the display screen, the icons it hosts at the moment are centered (that is a change!). In addition, the Windows search discipline beforehand positioned to the best of the Start button has disappeared. It is solely changed by a magnifying glass icon. Windows thus takes on the looks of Chrome OS, taking care not to disturb the habits of its customers an excessive amount of. However, this small visible evolution comes with a scarcity. Windows 10 makes it straightforward for anybody to place the taskbar wherever they need on the display screen: high, backside, or facet. All you may have to do is click on in an empty space of it then maintain down the clicking and move the bar as desired.
With Windows 11, this fantasy is not allowed. Microsoft has restricted the choices merely to wedge the taskbar icons to the left of the display screen, as earlier than. And if you would like to move it elsewhere, you should have to intervene within the registry editor. Alas, you’ll solely have two potentialities: up or down. By inserting the taskbar on the left or proper fringe of the display screen, a bug prevents the icons it incorporates from being displayed.
Not used to icons sitting in the midst of the taskbar? A small adjustment of Windows makes it doable to change them on the left, as earlier than.
- Right-click on a clean space of the taskbar. In the menu that seems, click on Taskbar settings.
- Scroll the contents of the window that seems to the part Taskbar habits and click on on it.
- For possibility Taskbar alignmentclick on the drop-down menu Center and select Left.
- Immediately all of the icons of the taskbar are saved on the left of the display screen.
Do you favor your taskbar to sit on the high of the display screen somewhat than at its backside? The Registry Editor will show you how to with this.
- Click on the icon of the magnifying glass within the taskbar. In the search discipline sort Regedit. Click on Registry Editor among the many displayed outcomes.
- In the Registry Editor, navigate to the important thing HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerStuckRects3.
- Double-click Settings within the middle pane of the window. The window Binary worth modification seems.
- Using the important thing proper arrow on the keyboard, move the cursor behind the fifth column. Then move the cursor to the underside line. The displayed worth is 03. It corresponds to the situation of the taskbar on the display screen by default, that’s, on the backside of the display screen. Just override this worth to move the taskbar some place else:
Indicating 00 the taskbar will set up on the left edge of the display screen.
Indicating 01 the taskbar will set up on the high of the display screen.
Indicating 02 the taskbar will set up on the best edge of the display screen.
Indicating 03 the taskbar will set up on the backside of the display screen.
As we specified above, the left and proper edges of the display screen topic the taskbar to bugs so long as it turns into unusable. Also, to place it on the high of the display screen, take away the worth 03 urgent the button as soon as Going again (Backspace) on the keyboard then enter 01. Validate with a click on on OK.
- You should now restart File Explorer to your change to take impact. To do that, right-click on the menu To begin up. From the menu that seems, select Task Manager.
- A small window seems on the display screen and presents the functions at present open within the Windows session. Click on the hyperlink More particulars on the backside left.
- Task Manager now exhibits all energetic processes. Scroll the contents of the window to the part Windows course of. Must be there Windows explorer.
- Right-click on it and select To restart.
- The taskbar has taken its place on the high of the display screen. Note that you may, on this case additionally, align the icons of the taskbar on the left in order that they don’t seem to be centered as defined above.