OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) is a popular free and open-source software used for live streaming and recording. It is widely used by gamers, content creators, and professionals for recording and streaming their content. OBS is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux operating systems. In this article, we will focus on the Mac version of OBS and answer the question, “Where Does OBS Save Recordings Mac?”
Where Does OBS Save Recordings Mac?
When you record a video using OBS on Mac, the default location for saving the recording is the “Movies” folder. The “Movies” folder is located in the user’s home directory. You can access the “Movies” folder by following these steps:
- Click on the “Finder” icon in the Dock.
- Click on “Go” in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Select “Home” from the drop-down menu.
- Double-click on the “Movies” folder.
Inside the “Movies” folder, you will find a folder named “OBS”. This folder contains all the recordings made using OBS on your Mac. The recordings are saved in the “.mp4” format by default.
Changing the Default Recording Location in OBS
If you want to change the default location for saving recordings in OBS on your Mac, you can do so by following these steps:
- Open OBS on your Mac.
- Click on “Settings” in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Click on “Output” in the left-hand menu.
- Under “Recording”, click on the “Browse” button next to “Recording Path”.
- Select the folder where you want to save your recordings.
- Click on “OK” to save the changes.
Once you have changed the default recording location in OBS, all your future recordings will be saved in the new location.
Why Is It Important to Know Where OBS Saves Recordings on Mac?
Knowing where OBS saves recordings on your Mac is important for several reasons:
- Easy access to your recordings: By knowing the default location of your recordings, you can easily access them and edit or share them as needed.
- Storage management: If you record a lot of videos using OBS, it is important to know where they are saved so that you can manage your storage space accordingly.
- Backup: If you want to backup your recordings, you need to know where they are saved so that you can copy them to an external hard drive or cloud storage.
In conclusion, OBS is a powerful software for recording and streaming content on Mac. By default, OBS saves recordings in the “Movies” folder on your Mac. However, you can change the default location for saving recordings in OBS by following a few simple steps. Knowing where OBS saves recordings on your Mac is important for easy access, storage management, and backup purposes. We hope this article has helped you answer the question, “Where Does OBS Save Recordings Mac?”