Rest API is deprecated for variations v2.1 and larger (12) error is proven as a result of the remainder API has formally been deprecated two years after the discharge of the brand new model. To create your Facebook utility, it is best to keep up-to-date and use the official Facebook SDK.
This article will clarify the trigger and resolution for this error with professional recommendation. Keep studying to find why deprecation happens and the good thing about transferring to an up to date model.
Rest API Is Deprecated for Versions V2.1 and Higher (12): Causes
You get the error that claims the relaxation API is deprecated for model V2.1 and larger (12) due to the deprecation of the previous model. The deprecation of a way may also lead you to the error you’re going through proper now.
– Deprecation of Older Version Two Years After Releasing New Version
You get the error Rest API is deprecated for variations v2.1 and larger (12) as a result of Facebook API variations are supported for two years after the brand new model is launched. The older API launch notes have formally been deprecated, and the model isn’t beneficial anymore, so in case you are nonetheless utilizing it, that’s the rationale for the error.
Facebook deprecated the Rest API with an official announcement that was made. The announcement mentioned that model 2.0 would expire on August 7, 2016, two years after the discharge of model 2.1.
On August 19, 2016, Facebook shut down the API fully. The fb patch notes added that the FQL and Rest API will not be accessible in model 2.1 and that the apps, too, have to be migrated to the versioned Graph API calls ranging from model 2.1. Thus no different outcomes might be seen besides for the error messages.
– Deprecation of a Method
When a way is deprecated, it might probably additionally lead you to that error. Deprecation of a way or a category signifies that it’s now unimportant. It isn’t affordable to make use of as a result of it might not exist sooner or later.
So you have to be sure that there is no such thing as a deprecated methodology or class in your code, however in case you are utilizing a deprecated methodology or class, that’s positive till you want to improve your API. So it could be finest to maintain that previous API till most individuals transition to the most recent one.
To discover the place that deprecated methodology was used, you need to use -deprecation to javac; it’ll present you the title of that deprecated methodology and the road the place it’s used.
Fixing Rest API Is Deprecated for Versions V2.1 and Higher (12) Error
Developers are inspired to make use of the Graph API for any new apps and transfer the prevailing ones to make use of it. Thus, you’ll be able to take pleasure in all the brand new options in Graph API. It should even be famous that the help stage may even be excessive on the non-deprecated API. Below is the element of how you’d do this and what advantages you’ll obtain after upgrading to the brand new model.
– Implementing New Version
To implement a brand new model, comply with the given pointers.
- First of all, go to the app dashboard. From right here, you’ll go to Settings and then to the Advanced choice. Then, you’ll scroll to a piece that claims Upgrade API model.
- Then a number of the a part of Upgrading builders and Admins. That will improve all of the builders and admins of the app to the subsequent accessible model. This means, additionally, you will be capable of check the modifications with a small subset of actual customers. You can do this earlier than you launch the brand new model to the general public.
- Then the final half, you improve all calls. This means, you’ll increase the app’s calls to the subsequent accessible model. In case of unexpected points, you’ll be able to nonetheless return to the unique model. It is advisable to improve early.
Given under are the accessible graph API model that you need to use and the date till they are going to be accessible:
- 0 till September 17, 2024,
- 0 till May 28, 2024,
- 0 till February 8, 2024,
- 0 till September 14, 2023
- 0 till June 8, 2023,
- 0 till February 23, 2023,
- 0 till November 10, 2022
The graph API deprecated variations are model 5.0, model 6.0, and model 7.0. Note that the graph API and the advertising API changelog doc the out-of-cyle and the versioned modifications respective to the API.
– Get Rid of Deprecated Methods
You may need heard of not calling the deprecated strategies, however right here we give you some higher options. An easy resolution is to go into the IDE’s preferences window to instruct to not report calls to deprecated courses or strategies. Then make that fast change and do a rebuild. You will see deprecated strategies will not be there.
Another means of doing that’s to embellish the code with the @SuppressWarnings(“deprecation”). If you’re managing the Jenkins construct, you’ll be able to attempt -Xlint:all swap on the compiler stage. This may also take away that warning.
1. What Are the Changes Made by the Release of the New Version?
The modifications made by the launch of the brand new model embody the responses of API will not be booleans, integers, or strings however JSON objects. Thus you received’t obtain any quantity or textual content like True as a response anymore.
It can be accompanied by different modifications like:
- The dialogs endpoints is not going to help the return_session or the session_version parameters for the legacy authentication strategies.
- You ought to now name the API endpoints as an alternative of ready for the Installed within the response.
- The base URL is used reasonably than the apps requesting the URI from image fields.
- You not want to make use of the FQL.
2. Why the Deprecation Occurs in Apis?
The deprecation happens within the APIs as a result of both the API is insecure or the API doesn’t help important use instances. Another purpose for the deprecated APIs might be if the API has too many bugs, however that occurs when it turns into important to deprecate the API.
3. What Is Cross-origin Resource Sharing To Rest API?
The cross-origin useful resource sharing is a browser safety function. Its operate is to limit cross-origin HTTP requests. In case you see that assets of your Rest API obtain the HTTP request that could be a non-simple cross-origin request, then you have to allow the cross-origin useful resource sharing help.
Those requests are began from the scripts which might be operating within the browser.
We have coated every part concerning the error that claims Rest API is deprecated for variations v2.1 and larger (12), together with all attainable causes and their most acceptable fixes on this detailed information.
All the questions which may come up whereas coping with the problem have been answered intimately. Now allow us to spotlight a number of the important factors from the article for you to recollect sooner or later.
- You get the error Rest API is deprecated for variations v2.1 and larger (12) as a result of the Rest API has formally been deprecated.
- Facebook improve API variations are supported for two years after the brand new model is launched.
- Developers are inspired to make use of the Graph API for any new apps and transfer the prevailing ones to make use of it.
- The Rest APIs and the FQL is not going to be accessible within the up to date model 2.1. Also, the /insights edge on the applying is not going to be accessible and can be changed by /app.insights edge.
- It is beneficial that you simply not use the deprecated API because of the modifications in API. While the courses, fields, and strategies that are deprecated are nonetheless applied, they are often faraway from future implementations.
We are assured that now, you know every part about the remainder API deprecation occasion, which was complicated you earlier, and will be capable of deal with the state of affairs by yourself.