If you are a user of Facebook, Snapchat, or Instagram, you may have noticed the rise in popularity of “stories” on social media. This feature allows you to easily share your daily moments with loved ones without having to type out long texts. Facebook’s version, similar to Snapchat, remains visible for only 24 hours. But have you ever wondered if there is a way to see who viewed your Facebook story?
In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about Facebook Stories – from what they are to how you can find out who viewed your story on Facebook. We will also provide tips and updates on maintaining privacy and security while using Facebook. So, whether you are an experienced Facebook user or just starting out, continue reading to learn more!
What is a Facebook Story and How Does it Work?
A Facebook Story is a feature that Snapchat initially introduced and is now available on Instagram, WhatsApp, and Facebook. With Stories, you can share your daily moments with friends and family in a fun and creative way. Stories are only visible for a short period of time and appear at the top of your News Feed. Generally, stories receive more attention and interaction than regular posts on Facebook.
Can You See Who Viewed Your Facebook Story?
While Facebook does not offer a feature to see who viewed your story, there is a way to check the viewers. Initially designed for businesses to track engagement, regular users can also check who viewed their Facebook Story. If you want to learn how to do this, keep reading!
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to see who viewed your Facebook Story:
- Step 1: Launch the Facebook app on your phone.
- Step 2: Look for your uploaded Story at the top of the screen.
- Step 3: Check the number of views in the bottom left corner and tap on it.
- Step 4: You will see a list of friends and family members who viewed your Facebook Story. The app shows recent viewers at the top.
It’s important to note that Facebook does not notify you when someone views your Story like WhatsApp does. You can tap on “Refresh” at the top of the screen to check for new viewers.
Here’s a guide on how to check Facebook Story viewers on the web:
- Step 1: Go to the Facebook website.
- Step 2: Open your Story.
- Step 3: Select your Story viewers from the bottom of the page.
- Step 4: Review the list of viewers.
How Can You Check Your Facebook Story Archive?
Facebook Stories disappear from others after 24 hours. However, you can still view them by checking the Archive menu. This feature allows you to look back on your past Stories and see who viewed them. Unlike other social media platforms that delete your Stories and make them impossible to access, Facebook allows you to keep them for your own viewing pleasure.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Step 1: Open the Facebook app on your phone and select a current Story.
- Step 2: Tap on “Current Viewers” at the bottom of the screen.
- Step 3: Select the “Story Archive” menu at the top-right corner of the screen.
- Step 4: You will be able to view all of your previous stories with the date they were posted. To view the viewers list for a specific story, open it and check the bottom-right corner of the screen.
You have the option to save the Story from the same menu, delete it, or share it as a Reel. Only you can see your Story archive. If you do not want Facebook to save your Stories, tap on the Settings gear at the top and disable the “Save to archive” toggle.
You can also check the location map if you tagged a location with your Stories. Select the maps icon and check the location history.
How to Change Privacy Settings for Who Can View Your Facebook Story?
You have control over who sees your online activities on Facebook, including your Stories. If you want to change your privacy settings for your Facebook Stories, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open the Facebook app and log in.
- Step 2: Tap the hamburger icon to open the menu.
- Step 3: Tap the cog icon for “Settings and Privacy.”
- Step 4: Scroll down to “Audience and Visibility” and select “Stories.”
- Step 5: Tap on “Story Privacy” to adjust who can see your Story.
- Step 6: Choose to share your Story with your “Friends” or select “Hide Story From” to exclude specific people.
- Step 7: Click on “Sharing Options” to control who can share your Story.
- Step 8: Tap each option to manage who can and cannot share your Stories.
Note: You can also control how long Facebook keeps your Stories by adjusting the “Story Archive” setting. This can be useful for saving Stories for future use, whether you are an individual or a business.
How to View Facebook Stories Without Leaving a Trace?
You may be familiar with how to post anonymously on Facebook. Additionally, there are three different methods to secretly watch someone’s Stories. However, these methods are not guaranteed to work, and Facebook may modify its Stories features to prevent this.
Method 1: Use Airplane Mode
- Step 1: Open the Facebook app and log in.
- Step 2: Activate airplane mode to disconnect from the internet.
- Step 3: Preload the Story you want to view.
- Step 4: Close the Facebook app.
- Step 5: Turn off airplane mode and reconnect to the internet.
Note: If you activate airplane mode after viewing the Story, the user will still see that you viewed it.
Method 2: Use the Half-Swipe Technique
- Step 1: Open the Facebook app and select the Story prior to the one you want to view.
- Step 2: Slowly swipe to the next Story without releasing your finger.
- Step 3: Swipe back to the original Story and release your finger.
Note: This method may not work for video Stories.
Method 3: Use an Alternative Account
- Step 1: Create a new Facebook account.
- Step 2: Use the new account to view the Story.
Note: This method only works for publicly shared Stories.
What are “Other Viewers” on Facebook Stories?
“Other Viewers” refers to individuals who have viewed your Story but are not your Facebook friends. They could be your followers or random users on Facebook. By default, Stories are only visible to your friends. You can change the privacy settings to “Public” or “Friends and Connections” to make them visible to a larger audience. Additionally, you can use the “Custom” privacy setting to choose who among your friends can see your Story.
Can You See “Other Viewers” on Facebook Story?
It is not possible to see other viewers on the Facebook Story. If your story privacy setting is set to “Public,” you can only see the number of people who viewed your Story. Facebook’s policy ensures the confidentiality of this information.
Can I Know Who Viewed My Facebook Story Anonymously?
No, Facebook does not provide a feature to view who has viewed your story anonymously. The viewer’s identity is kept confidential.
Can I View a Facebook Story Without the Other Person Knowing?
There are some methods to view Facebook Stories without the other person knowing, such as using airplane mode, employing the half-swipe technique, or using an alternative account. However, these methods may not always work, and Facebook may update its features to prevent such actions.
In conclusion, Facebook Stories are a popular way to share daily moments, and while there is no direct way to know who viewed your story anonymously or view stories without the other person knowing, you can still manage your story privacy settings and access your story archive for your personal viewing. Remember to always respect the privacy of others while using social media platforms.