Discord is a popular communication platform that allows users to chat, voice call, and video call with friends, family, and colleagues. OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) is a free and open-source software that allows users to record and stream their computer screen. Combining these two powerful tools can enhance your Discord experience by allowing you to share your screen with others during a call or stream your gameplay to an audience. In this article, we will discuss How to Use OBS On Discord and provide valuable insights to help you get started.
How to Use OBS on Discord
Setting Up OBS
The first step in using OBS on Discord is to download and install OBS on your computer. You can download OBS from the official website https://obsproject.com/. Once you have installed OBS, you need to set it up to capture your screen. Follow these steps:
- Open OBS and click on the “+” icon under the “Sources” section.
- Select “Display Capture” and click “OK”.
- Choose the display you want to capture and click “OK”.
- Adjust the size and position of the capture window as needed.
Now that you have set up OBS to capture your screen, you can start using it on Discord.
Using OBS on Discord
Before you start using OBS on Discord, make sure that you have enabled screen sharing on Discord. Follow these steps:
- Open Discord and join a voice or video call.
- Click on the screen share icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Select “Application Window” or “Entire Screen” depending on your preference.
- Choose the window or screen you want to share and click “Go Live”.
Once you have enabled screen sharing on Discord, you can start using OBS to enhance your experience. Follow these steps:
- Open OBS and start recording or streaming your screen.
- Switch back to Discord and start sharing your screen.
- Resize and position the OBS window as needed.
- Start your presentation, gameplay, or any other activity you want to share.
That’s it! You are now using OBS on Discord to share your screen with others.
Tips and Tricks How to Use OBS On Discord
Here are some tips and tricks to help you get the most out of OBS on Discord:
- Use hotkeys to start and stop recording or streaming in OBS.
- Use OBS plugins to add effects, filters, and transitions to your stream.
- Use OBS scenes to switch between different layouts and setups during your stream.
- Use OBS virtual camera to output your OBS scene to other applications such as Zoom, Skype, or Google Meet.
Using OBS on Discord can enhance your communication and collaboration by allowing you to share your screen with others. In this article, we discussed how to set up OBS to capture your screen and how to use it on Discord. We also provided some tips and tricks to help you get the most out of OBS on Discord. We hope that this article has been informative and valuable to you. Happy streaming!