Let’s say you used your account on your friend’s device and forgot to sign out. There is a possibility that your friend will read your messages and check your other activities on Instagram. Correct?
What if you can sign out from their device without approaching them? Wouldn’t that be great? It will help you maintain your privacy.
There are many situations where we simply want to log out of our account from other devices. Do you want to do the same for any reason?
If yes, continue reading this post as it will provide you with information on how to sign someone out of your Instagram.
Without any further delay, let’s get started:
How to Remove/Logout Devices Connected to Your Instagram Account?
Removing your account from any device is not difficult; it only takes a minute. There are two methods to do it: one is through the login activity option, and the other is by changing the password. Now, let’s discuss them in detail:
Using the login activity option
The “login activity” function is the only option we can use to sign out our account from a specific device. Here are the steps to use it:
Using the Instagram App
If you use the Instagram application, follow these steps:
- Open your Instagram account.
- Click on the profile icon.
- Tap on the tri-bar sign and then select settings.
- In the settings, go to the security section.
- You will see “login activity” here. Tap on it.
- You will be shown all the devices you are logged into.
- Decide which device you want to sign out of your account from.
- Tap on the three dots next to it.
- Finally, click on sign out.
- After this, you will be asked if you want to change your password. If you want to, you can click on “change password.” Otherwise, just tap on OK.
And you’re done!
Using the Browser
If you are an Instagram website user, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to any browser and visit Instagram’s website.
- Login to your account if you haven’t already done so.
- Click on the profile icon. Look at the top left corner where the settings icon is located, and click on it.
- Select the privacy and security option.
- Next, click on login activity.
- Select the device you want to sign out from.
- Once done, click on the three dots next to the device’s name.
- Click on sign out.
By changing password
Some people want to sign out from all devices at once. If you are one of them and wondering “How can you sign out of Instagram connected to all devices?” then this method is for you.
Using this method, you can sign out from all devices at once. You just need to change your password, and that’s it.
To do so, follow these steps:
- Open your account and click on profile and then settings.
- Now, click on “change password.”
- Enter your previous and new passwords.
- Click on the checkmark symbol at the top right corner.
- Once you do this, a pop-up will appear asking if you want to sign out from all devices. Click on “log out from all devices.”
Why should you sign out of your Instagram account from other devices?
Wondering why you should sign out of your account from other devices? It’s mainly for security and privacy purposes.
If you keep your account to yourself, other people won’t be able to know what you do on the platform, such as whom you’re talking to, etc.
For example, let’s say you were using Instagram on your parent’s mobile for some reason. But you forgot to sign out after using it, and you don’t want them to see anything on your account. In that case, you can secure your privacy by signing out from their device.
Signing out makes your account secure. If you are not signed in on other devices, it means that no one has access to your account.
It prevents someone else from taking any action on your account without your permission.
For instance, let’s say your cousin has access to your account, and you suspect that they might do something that you or other Instagram users won’t like. In this case, you can remove their device to prevent them from doing anything on your account.
Does changing your password sign everyone out of Instagram?
If you choose to stay signed in after changing your password, it will not sign out your account from everyone. However, if you choose to sign out from all devices, it will log you out from all devices.
Can you sign out of Instagram on one device?
Yes, you can sign out of Instagram on one device using the login activity option.
What should you do when someone signs into your Instagram account on their phone?
If someone unknown signs into your Instagram account on their phone, it is recommended to immediately change your password. However, if you have given permission to someone to sign into your account, it’s your decision whether you want to stay signed in or sign out.
How can you secure your Instagram account?
You can secure your Instagram account by enabling two-factor authentication, reporting questionable accounts, signing out from unknown devices, and setting up a strong password.
Social media account security is of utmost importance, and it is crucial to take necessary steps to protect your accounts. In this article, we discussed how to sign someone out of your Instagram account on different devices. By following the mentioned methods, you can ensure the privacy and security of your account. Remember to regularly check the devices connected to your account and sign out from any unwanted or suspicious devices. Stay safe and secure on Instagram!