Discord is a popular communication platform that allows users to chat, voice call, and video call with friends and colleagues. OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) is a free and open-source software that allows users to record and stream their content. Many content creators use Discord and OBS together to create high-quality content. However, one common issue that users face is How to Separate Discord Audio In OBS. In this article, we will discuss the steps to separate Discord audio in OBS and provide some tips to improve your audio quality.
Why Separate Discord Audio in OBS?
When you record or stream content using OBS, it captures all the audio that is playing on your computer. This includes the audio from Discord, game sounds, and any other audio sources. If you want to have more control over your audio, you need to separate Discord audio in OBS. Separating Discord audio allows you to:
- Adjust the volume of Discord audio independently of other audio sources
- Mute or unmute Discord audio without affecting other audio sources
- Apply filters and effects to Discord audio separately
Steps to Separate Discord Audio in OBS
Follow these steps to separate Discord audio in OBS:
- Open OBS and click on the “+” icon under the “Sources” section.
- Select “Audio Output Capture” from the list of sources.
- Name the source “Discord Audio” or any other name that you prefer.
- Click on the “OK” button.
- Select “Discord” from the list of audio devices.
- Click on the “OK” button.
- Drag the “Discord Audio” source to the top of the list of sources.
- Adjust the volume of the “Discord Audio” source using the slider.
Tips to Improve Audio Quality
Separating Discord audio in OBS is just the first step to improving your audio quality. Here are some additional tips to help you get the best audio quality:
- Use a high-quality microphone: A good microphone can make a huge difference in the quality of your audio. Invest in a high-quality microphone that suits your needs.
- Use a pop filter: A pop filter can help reduce the popping sounds that occur when you say words with “p” and “b” sounds.
- Use noise reduction: OBS has a built-in noise reduction filter that can help reduce background noise. Experiment with the settings to find the best balance between noise reduction and audio quality.
- Use compression: Compression can help even out the volume of your audio and make it sound more consistent. OBS has a built-in compressor filter that you can use.
- Test your audio: Always test your audio before you start recording or streaming. Use the “Audio Mixer” in OBS to adjust the volume of your audio sources and make sure everything sounds good.
Separating Discord audio in OBS is a simple process that can help you have more control over your audio. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can separate Discord audio in OBS and improve your audio quality. Remember to use high-quality equipment and experiment with filters and effects to get the best results. With these tips, you can create high-quality content that sounds great.