How to See Coordinate Points on Maps – Maybe you are already familiar with this Google Maps application, because Google Maps is something that is definitely on the smart cellphone that you have.
Google Maps is a digital map application that has the same function as maps in general, but has a more concise shape and has features that complement this map application.
And one thing that I like about Google Maps is that there is a location sharing service from a place in the form of coordinates.
This is to make users comfortable using this application to access a point in another hemisphere.
However, it turns out that there are still people who don’t know how to see the coordinates on Google Maps, so many are looking for information related to this.
But now you don’t need to bother looking for that matter anymore, because you are in the right article.
Later in this article we will explain to readers about how to see the coordinates on Google Maps.
Those who really want to know about how to see coordinates on Maps, please refer to the review below until it’s finished so you can get detailed information.
A Glance About Google Maps Coordinate Points
|A Glance About Google Maps Coordinate Points|
Before we explain about our theme, namely how to see coordinates on Maps, we will first describe an explanation of Google Maps coordinates so you can better understand how to use coordinates on Google Maps.
The coordinate point is the position of a place which is shown by means of vertical and horizontal lines that we usually encounter on a map.
There are two types of coordinates, namely geographic coordinates and UTM coordinates. Geographical coordinates are usually written in degrees (o), minutes (‘) and seconds (“).
That line will be the benchmark for geographic coordinates, while the UTM coordinates are written as the X and Y axes, for the X axis from west to east, and the Y axis from south to north.
Google Maps as a navigation service in general uses a geographic coordinate system in its services.
This is useful to assist users in navigating a location, and for this geographic coordinate system is a system that can be used to indicate the position of a place in all parts of the Earth in the form of a series of letters, numbers and certain symbols.
There are various kinds of position descriptions that can be used in the system, in general the position descriptions are usually shown in the form of latitude and longitude and the height of a place as in Google Maps.
Although you can share coordinate data using a link on the Google Maps service.
But actually you can also share location points in the form of direct coordinates to make them more accurate.
Google Maps supports DMS (Degree Minute and Second) formats, for example 41°24’12.2″N 2°10’26.5″E, and DMM (Degrees and Decimal Minutes) like 41 24.2028 2 10.4418 and DD (Decimal Degrees) like 41.40338, 2.17403.
And in order to be successful in finding a location using the coordinate method, you must follow several formats for writing coordinates according to Google Maps standards, including the following:
- First, please use the degree of the letter “d”.
- Second, please use a period (.) to make a decimal number.
- And third, please include the latitude coordinates first, then the longitude coordinates.
3 Ways to See Coordinate Points on Maps
Now that you have an idea of the coordinates on Google Maps, then we will explain our theme in this article.
Later below we will explain how to view coordinates on Maps via Android, iPhone or iPad, and PC.
1. How to See Coordinate Points on Maps Using Android
|How to See Coordinate Points on Maps Using Android|
First, we will explain how to see coordinates on Google Maps using an Android phone.
As we know that usually Android-based cellphones are equipped with the Google Maps application in it.
If you do use an Android cellphone, then you can use it to see coordinates on Google Maps.
By using this Android, you only need to activate the GPS and a stable internet connection so that the location to be shared can be detected by satellite.
And below are the steps for how to see coordinates on Maps using an Android cellphone, namely as follows:
- First, please open the Google Maps application on your Android phone (Download the Google Maps Application for Android).
- Then please find the place you want to share.
- Then please tap and hold for a few moments at that point until a location pin appears in red and a description appears regarding the location point or what is commonly called dropped in, and this is usually at the bottom of the screen.
- If the dropped in point appears, then you will see the coordinates of the location in the search field at the top of the Google Maps page.
- If you want to save the coordinates, please copy them, then share the points directly.
2. How to See Coordinate Points on Maps Using iPhone
|How to See Coordinate Points on Maps Using iPhone|
Next, we will explain how to see coordinates on Google Maps using an iPhone.
Immediately, here are the steps that must be implemented for how to see coordinates on Maps using an iPhone, as follows:
- The first step please open the Google Maps application, then you run the application (Download the Google Maps App for iPhone).
- Then please put the location pin at the point you want on the map.
- Next, please touch and hold for a few moments at a certain position on the map to save the location pin, then you share the marked location via Messages.
- After that, please click the “Dropped in” tab at the bottom of the screen, then select “Share”.
- Then you will see many options for sharing location points, and sharing them through the Messages menu is the fastest way to get coordinates.
- The next step, please select “Recipient of the message”, then you press “Send”, in this case you can share it with yourself or with friends to see the coordinates of the latitude and longitude.
- Then you will get a message containing the location point that you shared earlier, please open the message.
- Then please click on the link from Google Maps, for this link it will appear in the form of a message after the location address, and for the format of the message it starts with “goo.gl/maps.”.
- Please look for latitude and longitude coordinates, because the link will run Google Maps and display the coordinates of these points at the top and bottom of the screen.
- Usually the latitude coordinates in coordinate pairs are displayed first.
Please note that there are two ways to create a location pin, the first is by typing the name of the location or place of interest in the search field.
Then the second by using a finger to navigate the map interface and search for the desired location.
3. How to See Coordinate Points on Maps Using a Laptop
|How to See Coordinate Points on Maps Using a Laptop|
Finally, we will explain how to see coordinates on Google Maps using a laptop.
The steps for how to see coordinates on Maps using a laptop device are as follows:
- First of all, please look for the address or location point you want using Google Maps (Download Google Maps for PC).
- If you have found the location you are looking for, please zoom in or out on the map to find the geographic location.
- Then please put a location pin, you have to click exactly on the location point you want to know the coordinates of when the pin is placed, and the latitude and longitude coordinates will be part of the url in the address line.
- The next step, please right-click on the Location Pin, then you select “What’s Here”, on a Mac computer, please hold down the CTRL key while clicking the mouse, but if you want it to be faster without having to put a location pin, you can right-click directly at a location on the map.
- Then you will get latitude and longitude coordinates, and these coordinates will be listed in a box that appears at the bottom of the computer screen, the latitude coordinates will appear first.
The final word
That’s what we can explain in this article about how to see coordinates on maps through various devices, starting from Android cellphones, iPhone cellphones, and laptops or computers.
We hope that the information we provide in this article will help readers who previously had difficulty finding coordinates on Google Maps, so now they can do it easily with this article.
That’s all and thank you for visiting our article, and if what we discuss in this article is important for other people to know too, then you can help share this information.