Minecraft is a self-contained world; it is all-encompassing, and you will find practically everything there that you can find in reality. One such creature is Pandas. You can discover and also propagate them in Minecraft. In this post, we will explore how to reproduce Pandas in Minecraft and their distinct variations.
What are the different kinds of Pandas in Minecraft?
Before we reproduce pandas in Minecraft, let us examine their various kinds. Keep in mind that since Minecraft aims to simulate the real world, you cannot reproduce a specific kind of panda as they differ from one another based on their personality, which is randomized in the game as well as in reality. That being said, you can nurture the panda based on its type. The following are the distinct types of pandas found in reality.
- Regular Panda: These are the most prevalent types of pandas that lack any particular feature or behavior and can be nurtured in the usual way. They resemble any ordinary panda, black and white in appearance.
- Sluggish Panda: These are the most laid-back of the group, exactly how one would imagine a panda to be. They are slow, lazy, and lethargic. At times, they can be challenging to manage, especially when trying to make them obey your command.
- Anxious Panda: They have wide-open eyes, and their mouths slightly reveal their inner workings. They resemble a worried or insecure individual. They tend to tremble and hide their faces when it’s raining heavily. You need to ensure that they sleep calmly, or else their condition will worsen. Additionally, you need to assist them while eating as they hesitate to eat bamboo or cakes on their own.
- Playful Panda: These pandas can be described as cute, amusing, cozy, and silly. Their liveliness requires you to make sure they don’t accidentally fall off a cliff or injure themselves while engaging in fun activities.
- Aggressive Panda: As the name suggests, these creatures are tough and usually in an assertive mood. If you attack a panda, it will retaliate, but only once. However, if they are aggressive pandas, they will not cease their attack. They have thick eyebrows, so if you encounter one, refrain from doing something you might regret. Despite their slowness, their reach is the same as that of a player.
- Fragile Panda: These pandas are delicate, with teary eyes, runny noses, only have half the health of other pandas, and sneeze more often than they should.
- Brown Panda: They are the rarest pandas found in Minecraft. However, they are essentially normal pandas, the only difference being that they are brown and white instead of black and white.
These were the different types of Pandas.
Read: How to construct and utilize a Spyglass in Minecraft?
How to Reproduce Pandas in Minecraft
Now that we know there are various types of Pandas in Minecraft, let’s explore how to reproduce Pandas in Minecraft. The following steps need to be executed in order to do so.
- Gather bamboo
- Discover Pandas
- Reproduce Pandas
Let’s delve into the details.
1] Gather bamboo
We will begin by gathering bamboo. To reproduce a Panda, we need two pieces of bamboo, but it’s better to collect a few more to be safe. Bamboo blocks can be found in forests, and you can cut them using any tool, although a sword is the most effective option. You can obtain bamboo by fishing in jungle biomes or searching chests in jungle temples and shipwrecks.
2] Discover Pandas
If the light level in a jungle is greater than 8, Pandas spawn on grass. They mostly roam in groups, and it’s rare to find them alone in the jungle. If you’re feeling a little impatient, replace dirty blocks or podzols with grass, as that provides a better environment for pandas to spawn.
3] Reproduce Pandas
Now that we have bamboo and have found pandas, let’s explore how to reproduce them. Follow the steps mentioned below to do so.
- Hold bamboo, approach a Panda, and right-click on it.
- Repeat the same step with a different panda.
- You will start noticing heart particles above their heads.
- Feed them bamboo, they will shake their heads, and after a few seconds, they will enter the Love Mode. Keep in mind that they are still not ready to reproduce. To ensure successful breeding, proceed to the next step.
- Java Version: There must be at least one block of bamboo within a 5-block radius of the pandas during breeding.
- Bedrock Version: There must be at least eight blocks of bamboo within a 5-block radius of the pandas.
- Now, the pandas will begin breeding, and with any luck, you will soon see a cub.
Also Read: How to reproduce Turtles in Minecraft?
What food induces Panda reproduction in Minecraft?
In Minecraft, just like in reality, Pandas adore bamboo. If you want to reproduce them, you must give them bamboo to initiate the Love Mode. For a step-by-step process, refer to the earlier mentioned guide.
Why aren’t my Pandas reproducing?
As mentioned earlier, you need to have at least one block within a 5-block radius of the panda in Java Edition and eight blocks in Bedrock Edition during breeding. Otherwise, your pandas will not reproduce.
Read: Best Sandbox Games like Minecraft.