Now we will learn to login to windows 10 and 11 without password, so that as soon as we turn on the computer we can start using it. Windows allows us to log in with any user (even with a Microsoft account) without entering the password, but it is a somewhat hidden option.
if we want bypass password security on our computer and it is more comfortable for us not to type the password every time we want to log in to Windows, we can deactivate it.
Rather make it enter automatically, since it will continue to be configured, and we will have to remember it because they will ask us to make certain changes to the system. This trick works with local accounts and Microsoft accounts (that is, with an Internet connection), and we can apply it to any version of Windows.
Remember that Windows 11 can be used without a Microsoft account, but it is more difficult than ever. The developers have hidden local accounts as much as possible, which in Windows 10 and earlier were just another option.
It is important to consider that anyone could log in without knowing the password if you gain physical access to the computer. This system weakens the security of the PC and endangers our data, especially on laptops or tablets, because if we lose them, anyone will have the content available.
Bypass Windows password with netplwiz
Netplwiz is a tool that has been present in Windows for many years, in charge of manage the users who are going to log in on the computer, and that you can enter the password automatically when you turn on the computer.
Here we explain how to log in without a password in Windows step by step:
- we press the keys Windows+R at the same time to open the run box.
- We wrote “netplwiz” in the box (without the quotes) and press enter on the keyboard:
- We deactivate the box “Users must enter their name and password to use the equipment” and click on “Accept” below:
- will ask us to let’s enter the password twicethe username is already at the top and we shouldn’t change it:
- From now on it’s going to login automatically without the need to enter our password.
- Can reactivate the password by following the same stepsthrough netplwiz, but checking the aforementioned box.
In any case, the password still exists and Windows might ask us for it at any time, so it is essential to write it down and not forget it.
Facial recognition, fingerprints and PIN: alternatives in Windows without a password
Signing into Windows automatically, without any security, has significant risks, but there are others options to quickly identify yourself without a password that we should value
We are going to explain the ways to start Windows with a PIN (different from password), fingerprint reader or facial recognition. This last system does not work on any webcam, only those with a specific infrared emitter to measure depth, which prevents them from impersonating us by putting a simple photo in front of the computer.
- We go to the next menu where we configure the methods to log in in the system:
Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options
- In today’s computers, manufacturers choose to include facial recognition or fingerprint readerit is not very common that they offer both options:
- We have the option of “Improve facial recognition” (it is not a mandatory step), useful above all to make it work with glasses and without glasses.
- If we want to configure facial or fingerprint recognition, we must set a PIN as a requirementit does not work only with a password, so we will click on “Set PIN”:
- Before choosing the PIN we have to confirm our identity with the password or through two-step verification. For example, you can send us a confirmation code by email or SMS:
- finally we can enter PIN (twice to avoid errors), which if we wish can include letters or symbols by checking the box:
- If the PC does not have a fingerprint reader or infrared camera, it is possible enable only the “PIN (Windows Hello)” option within the “Login Options”:
PIN, facial and fingerprint recognition are part of the so-called windows hello, an identification system that goes beyond logging into the system. It also gives us secure access to system configuration changes, and even integrates into apps like the Edge browser and even in Google Chrome.
In addition to signing in with the password, two less common options appear. The “security key” is a flash drive for those who need a level of protection well above the standard, so in principle it should not interest us.
Picture password consists of a series of taps and gestures on a specific wallpaper at startup. It was created for tablets with Windows 8, currently it only makes sense if we have a touch screen but no biometric sensors for facial recognition or fingerprints.
Using Windows without any password is possible
There is one last option that may not be suitable for everyone, but it is worth mentioning. It is the use of Microsoft account without any associated passwordwhich increases security, although logging into Windows does not become easier, since we will need a PIN or facial or fingerprint recognition.
By removing the password, we we will identify through the Microsoft Authenticator app, available on Android and iOS. Therefore, we depend on the mobile and, in case we lose access, email or SMS will be the means to recover it.
The main advantage is that it is more difficult to hack an account without any associated passwordin return, some old services could stop working, which would force us to re-enable it if we want to continue entering.
This system is incompatible with netplwiz tool hack to login without password in Windows that we explained in the first section.
In this case, what was done was to introduce it automatically, so when it ceases to exist, it does not work, and you have to access Windows with a PIN or biometric identification. It also requires that the Windows account is associated with a Microsoft account, it does not work for local accounts.
Let’s see how to remove the password from the Microsoft account and, therefore, from Windows users who sign in with it:
- The first step is download Microsoft Authenticator to mobilewhich we should keep installed in the future:
- Download Microsoft Authenticator for Android or iOS
- We have to log in to the app using a code sent by email or SMSsince the goal is to connect in the future without a password:
- Now we will enter the Microsoft account security page In the following link:
Web: Microsoft account security
- We look for the section “Account without passwords” and click on “Activate”:
- After clicking on “Activate” and reading the warning, we must re-identifyWe have several options, but the best would be brand new Microsoft Authenticatorwhich we will use from now on:
- From the mobile we have to press on “Approve” the notification that Authenticator generates:
- It is likely that it will return us to the “Additional security” screen, so we return to the section on “Account without passwords” and we choose again “Activate”.
- The final step will be to click on “Approve” to the request to remove the password which Authenticator will display on mobile:
In the end, logging into Windows without a password is convenient but complex. It may be better to opt for facial recognition, fingerprints or a PIN instead of removing the password at PC start-up, which reduces security, or removing the Windows account password, which makes the login process more difficult.