UnliHow – Here’s a guide on how to Install Tiny10 (Light Version of Windows 10). We all know that Windows 10 & 11 are feature rich and visually modern. In addition, Microsoft often adds some new features to the two OS.
To be honest, Windows 10/11 feels quite heavy compared to Windows 7. And now, to trim Windows 10 down to its basics, a developer has released Tiny10, which is a lightweight version of Windows 10. Windows 10.
It takes up less space, works even on computers with low RAM, and doesn’t come with bloatware. To find out what Tiny10 is and how to install it, read this article to the end.
What is Tiny10?
Tiny10 is a light version of Windows 10 (stripped-down version of Windows 10), and has been developed by a developer named NTDEV. We know how heavy Windows OS is at this point, so this project aims to remove all unnecessary components.
That means you can run Windows 10 smoothly, even on low-end hardware. Note that Tiny10 not only removes bloatware, it has also been optimized from the start to reduce the footprint of Windows 10.
For example, if you install Tiny10 on a 32-bit system, it only takes up 5.2GB of disk space. Just for info, the vanilla version of Windows 10 takes up to 22GB of space. Reducing the installation size by 17GB is great.
On 64-bit systems, Tiny10 requires up to 10GB of disk space. And in terms of RAM, you can run Tiny10 on 32-bit system with only 1GB RAM, and on 64-bit system, you can use 2GB RAM. Try to compare it with Windows which requires a minimum of 4GB RAM.
On this Tiny10, all the core Windows system tools are available, including PowerShell, CMD, Disk Management, etc. It can even run a number of apps, including Geekbench, Crystaldisk, ShareX, and games like CS:GO, and they all run without problems.
But there are also some features or applications that are omitted, such as, image viewer, internet explorer, media player, etc. Only Notepad and Wordpad are available on this version of Tiny10.
Also, it’s important to know that Tiny10 doesn’t come with the Microsoft Store or Windows Security. This means that you have to sideload the application you want.
Also, there is no support for Windows Subsystem for Linux but you can still activate Hyper-V. As for the Windows version, Tiny10 x64 Beta 1 runs Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC (Build 19044.1586, March 2022).
That means you can activate Tiny 10 with Windows license, but it doesn’t support Windows update.
Tiny10 is a great solution for users who want to run Windows 10 lightly on a low-end PC with less disk space and RAM. Chrome OS Flex is another great solution, although it doesn’t support full Windows apps.
How to Install Tiny10 on PC/Laptop
How to install Tiny10 (light version of Windows 10) on a PC/laptop is very easy. You just follow the steps given below:
2. After that, use Rufus to create a bootable USB drive. If you don’t have Rufus, please download it first. If you don’t know how to make a bootable flash drive with Rufus, read the guide here
3. Now, open Rufus, plug in the USB drive, select ISO imagesand click Start. Make sure the File system is NTFS.
4. After the flashing process starts, and wait for it to finish.
5. Next, plug in the drive USB to PC and restart. When the PC restarts, press the button boot (usually F9, F8, F7, etc. keys depending on your PC manufacturer). If you don’t know the boot key for your PC or laptop, search the internet. Once you are on the screen boot selectionselect the USB drive and press Enter.
6. Your PC will now load the Tiny10 installation window, which is similar to the Windows 10 settings window. Follow the on-screen instructions and select the drive of your choice. Finally, click Next to install the OS.
7. Once the installation is complete, you will immediately boot into Tiny10.
Tiny10 Advantages Over Windows 10
- Tiny10 is faster than the vanilla version of Windows 10. There is no bloatware to be found on Tiny10. All unnecessary bloatware, apps, services and system components have been removed by the developer.
- Tiny10 also requires very little disk space compared to Windows 10. On a 64-bit laptop, Tiny10 installation only takes up 10.5GB of space, while Windows 10 swells to 22.2GB after the update.
- Tiny10 consumes only 1% of the CPU and 1.6GB of RAM. While Windows 10 CPU is stable, but RAM usage is constantly above 2.5GB.
- Tiny10 is also very strong when used to play games. Playing CS:GO games on high settings with a 6th generation i5 powered laptop, the average FPS is around 20-30FPS. Similar to vanilla Windows 10. However, by lowering the graphics settings to more the FPS averages around 45-50FPS, which is good enough for a low-end Windows PC.
That’s how to Install Tiny10 (Light Version of Windows 10). I hope this article was useful for you! Thank you for your visit.
That’s the whole content of our article this time about How to Install Tiny10 (Light Version of Windows 10)