The enter key on the keyboard can typically perform as a command execution button or to write down / transfer to a brand new line when used to sort. Whether it is when used to sort in the MS Word utility, notepad, and different phrase processing functions. However, not all functions successfully use the enter key to cut back writing, considered one of which is in MS Excel.
Excel customers normally have problem when they need to cut back textual content that’s in 1 cell. If you simply press the enter key as regular, the consequence would be the similar as a result of we are going to solely create a brand new cell or transfer columns.
There is a particular manner that we should know earlier than we use the enter key to decrease the textual content in MS Excel. So, to make it clearer, let’s get straight to the purpose!
How to Enter in Excel in 1 Cell with out Moving Columns Quickly
- Prepare the doc that we are going to write down utilizing the enter key in excel,
- Double click on on the specified cell,
- Point the cursor on the textual content or letter that you really want to separate or cut back, as in the instance we would like to cut back the writing that’s between the home quantity and earlier than the RT writing, then place the cursor between the writings,
- Press the button Alt+Enter on the keyboard on the similar time,
- Point the cursor on the textual content you need to enter subsequent, for instance between RW and Housing numbers,
- Press the button once more Alt+enter on the keyboard on the similar time,
- Repeat this methodology in order for you to cut back the opposite textual content in that cell.
If the outcomes should not seen after we press the Alt + Enter keys concurrently then we will click on on one other cell in order that the outcomes start to seem.
Also learn: How to Make Filters in Excel.
This methodology can be utilized to forestall cells from being lengthy when writing many characters or writing that’s too lengthy right into a cell.
Indeed, in excel there’s a Wrap Text function which is helpful for adjusting the size of the textual content in accordance to the dimensions of the cell robotically. However, the outcomes when utilizing the wrap textual content function are typically not in accordance with what’s desired. Therefore some folks select to use the Alt + Enter key on the keyboard to change traces or write down as desired.
See additionally: How to Print Excel so It Doesn’t Cut Off.
The use of the enter key in Excel is barely totally different from after we use the enter key in different functions, particularly after we need to write down or substitute a brand new line in a cell. To cut back the textual content in an excel cell now we have to concurrently press an extra key apart from the Enter key, particularly the Alt key on the keyboard.