Facebook is an incredibly powerful platform for businesses and individuals alike to expand their reach and promote their content. One of the most efficient ways to amplify the visibility and interaction of your posts is by utilizing the “Enhance Post” feature. In this article, we will provide you with a comprehensive guide on how to enhance a post on Facebook, including step-by-step instructions and best practices.
What is the Purpose of Enhancing a Post
Enhancing a post on Facebook involves promoting a regular post from your Facebook Page to a wider audience. The main purpose of enhancing a post is to increase its visibility, reach, and interaction by targeting specific demographics or individuals who are likely to be interested in your content. It is an effective way to amplify your message, expand your audience, and drive specific actions such as website visits or product purchases.
How to Enhance a Post on Facebook
Step 1: Choosing the Right Post for Enhancing
To get started, select the post you want to enhance from your Facebook Page.
You can either create a new post or choose an existing one that has performed well organically.
Step 2: Setting Your Enhancing Objective
Prior to enhancing the post, establish your objective and what you intend to achieve.
Consider whether you desire more interaction on Facebook or increased website traffic.
When you click “Enhance Post,” a pop-up menu will appear, enabling you to specify your objective.
Step 3: Defining Your Target Audience
Scroll down to the audience section and choose your desired audience for the enhanced post.
By default, you can select your page followers or your page followers and their friends.
Alternatively, you can create a custom audience based on demographics like age, gender, interests, and location.
Be specific with your targeting to reach the most relevant audience.
Step 4: Allocating a Budget
Determine the maximum amount you want to spend on enhancing the post.
Facebook sponsored posts allow you to set your own budget, with a minimum of $1 per day.
The budget determines the reach of your post, so consider how much you’re willing to invest.
Step 5: Determining Enhancing Duration
Choose the duration for which you want the enhanced post to run.
Specify a specific number of days or an end date for the campaign.
Step 6: Checking the Post Preview
Take the time to review the post in the preview bar before posting it.
Ensure there are no errors, the visual elements look good, and all links are working properly.
Step 7: Choosing Your Ads Platform
Decide where you want your enhanced post to appear, such as in the desktop News Feed, mobile News Feed, or desktop right column.
You can also select additional placements like stories, in-stream videos, and Messenger.
Step 8: Choosing a Payment Method
Select a payment option that suits your needs. If you already have one, you can skip this step.
Facebook accepts various payment methods, so fill out the necessary details if needed.
What Are the Prerequisites for Enhancing a Post on Facebook?
Enhancing a post on Facebook does have some prerequisites. Here are the main requirements:
- Facebook Business Page: You need to have a Facebook Business Page to enhance a post. Personal profiles cannot enhance posts.
- Published Post: You can only enhance posts that have already been published on your Facebook Business Page. You cannot enhance drafts or scheduled posts.
- Admin or Editor Access: You must have admin or editor access to the Facebook Business Page in order to enhance a post. Other roles, such as moderator or advertiser, do not have the ability to enhance posts.
- Advertiser Account: To enhance a post, you need to have an active advertiser account on Facebook. This account allows you to manage your ad campaigns and set a budget for enhancing posts.
- Payment Method: You are required to have a valid payment method associated with your advertiser account. Facebook accepts various payment methods, such as credit cards or PayPal, to pay for the enhanced post.
It’s important to note that enhancing a post is a paid advertising feature, so you may incur costs depending on the budget you set for your enhanced post.
What Are the Cost Options for Enhancing a Post on Facebook?
Enhancing a post on Facebook can be done with a minimum cost of $1 USD per day. If you decide to spend more money, your ad will reach a larger audience.
You have the option to enter a specific amount or adjust a slider to set your maximum budget for the enhanced post. This budget determines how much Facebook will spend over the duration of your enhanced post. Facebook provides an estimate of the potential reach based on your budget.
For instance, if you set a budget of $50 for a 7-day duration, Facebook will spend an average of $7.15 per day. The actual daily spend may vary slightly, but you won’t be charged more than the total budget you specified for the campaign.
Comparing Facebook Ads and Enhanced Posts
Facebook Ads and Enhanced Posts are two advertising options available on Facebook, but they differ in several ways. Here’s a breakdown of the key distinctions between the two:
- Reach and Targeting: Facebook Ads offer more extensive targeting options compared to Enhanced Posts. With Facebook Ads, you can define specific demographics, interests, behaviors, and even create custom audiences. This level of targeting allows for reaching a highly specific audience. On the other hand, Enhanced Posts primarily target your existing followers and their friends, with limited customization.
- Objectives and Ad Formats: Facebook Ads provide a range of campaign objectives such as brand awareness, lead generation, website traffic, and more. Additionally, you can select from various ad formats, including image ads, video ads, carousel ads, and more. Enhanced Posts, on the other hand, are designed to amplify the reach and engagement of your existing organic posts. They are simpler in terms of objectives, generally focusing on increasing engagement or visibility.
- Ad Placement and Optimization: With Facebook Ads, you have greater control over ad placement, allowing you to choose specific locations where your ads will appear, such as in the News Feed, Instagram, or Audience Network. You can also optimize your ads for specific outcomes, such as link clicks or conversions. Enhanced Posts, however, have limited placement options and optimization capabilities, typically appearing in the News Feed or Instagram feed.
- Budget and Duration: Both Facebook Ads and Enhanced Posts allow you to set your own budget. However, Facebook Ads provide more flexibility in budget allocation, allowing for daily or lifetime budgets. Enhanced Posts have a simpler budgeting approach, usually based on a per-day spend. In terms of duration, Facebook Ads can run for longer periods, while Enhanced Posts are typically limited to shorter durations.
- Ad Analytics and Insights: Facebook Ads offer robust analytics and insights, providing detailed data on ad performance, audience reach, engagement, conversions, and more. This data allows for in-depth analysis and optimization of ad campaigns. Enhanced Posts offer more basic analytics, providing insights on reach, engagement, and overall post performance.
Ultimately, the choice between Facebook Ads and Enhanced Posts depends on your advertising goals, budget, and targeting requirements. If you seek more advanced targeting, diverse ad formats, and specific campaign objectives, Facebook Ads may be the better option. However, if you aim to amplify the reach and engagement of your organic posts within your existing audience, Enhanced Posts can be a simpler and more straightforward choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I enhance a post that is currently in draft?
No, you can only enhance posts that have already been published on your Facebook Business Page. Drafts are not eligible for enhancement.
2. What payment methods does Facebook accept for enhanced posts?
Facebook accepts various payment methods, including credit cards and PayPal, for paying for enhanced posts. You need to have a valid payment method associated with your advertiser account.
3. Can I enhance a post without an active advertiser account?
No, you need to have an active advertiser account on Facebook in order to enhance a post. The advertiser account allows you to manage your ad campaigns and set a budget for enhancement.
In conclusion, enhancing a post on Facebook is a valuable strategy for increasing the visibility and interaction of your content. By following the step-by-step instructions and best practices outlined in this guide, you can effectively leverage the “Enhance Post” feature to reach a wider audience and achieve specific objectives such as increased engagement or website traffic.