Open Broadcaster Software (OBS) is a popular open-source software used for live streaming and recording. It allows users to create virtual cameras that can be used in video conferencing applications such as Zoom, Skype, and Google Meet. However, the default name of the virtual camera in OBS can be confusing and difficult to identify. In this article, we will discuss How to Change OBS Virtual Camera Name to make it easier to recognize.
Why Change OBS Virtual Camera Name?
The default name of the OBS virtual camera is “OBS Virtual Camera.” This name can be confusing, especially if you have multiple virtual cameras. It can be difficult to identify which virtual camera is which, especially if you are using them in different applications. Changing the name of the OBS virtual camera can make it easier to recognize and use.
How to Change OBS Virtual Camera Name
Changing the name of the OBS virtual camera is a simple process. Follow the steps below:
- Open OBS and go to the “Tools” menu.
- Select “VirtualCam” from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the “Configure” button.
- In the “Device name” field, enter the new name for the virtual camera.
- Click on the “Start” button to start the virtual camera.
That’s it! Your OBS virtual camera now has a new name.
Best Practices for Naming OBS Virtual Camera
When naming your OBS virtual camera, it is important to choose a name that is descriptive and easy to recognize. Here are some best practices for naming your OBS virtual camera:
- Use a descriptive name that reflects the purpose of the virtual camera. For example, if you are using the virtual camera for a specific project, you can name it after the project.
- Avoid using generic names such as “Virtual Camera” or “Camera 1.” These names can be confusing if you have multiple virtual cameras.
- Keep the name short and simple. Long names can be difficult to read and remember.
- Use capital letters and spaces to make the name easier to read. For example, “Project X Camera” is easier to read than “projectxcamera.”
Changing the name of the OBS virtual camera is a simple process that can make it easier to recognize and use. By following the steps outlined in this article and using best practices for naming your virtual camera, you can improve your video conferencing experience and avoid confusion.