Streamlabs OBS is a popular streaming software that allows users to create and customize their live streams. One of the most useful features of Streamlabs OBS is the ability to add a countdown timer to your stream. A countdown timer can help build anticipation and excitement for upcoming events, such as a product launch, a charity stream, or a gaming tournament. In this article, we will show you How to Add A Countdown Timer to Streamlabs OBS.
How to Add A Countdown Timer to Streamlabs OBS
Step 1: Download and Install Streamlabs OBS
The first step to adding a countdown timer to Streamlabs OBS is to download and install the software. You can download Streamlabs OBS for free from the official website. Once you have downloaded the software, follow the installation instructions to install it on your computer.
Step 2: Create a New Scene
After you have installed Streamlabs OBS, open the software and create a new scene. A scene is a collection of sources that you can use to create your live stream. To create a new scene, click on the plus icon in the Scenes panel and give your scene a name.
Step 3: Add a Text Source
Once you have created a new scene, you need to add a text source to your scene. A text source is a source that displays text on your live stream. To add a text source, click on the plus icon in the Sources panel and select Text (GDI+).
Step 4: Customize the Text Source
After you have added a text source to your scene, you need to customize the text source to display the countdown timer. To do this, click on the text source in the Sources panel and select Edit.
- Change the text to the desired countdown time. For example, if you want to countdown from 10 minutes, enter “10:00” in the text field.
- Customize the font, size, and color of the text to match your stream’s branding.
- Position the text source on your stream by dragging it to the desired location.
Step 5: Add a Timer Plugin
If you want to add a more advanced countdown timer to your stream, you can use a timer plugin. Streamlabs OBS has several timer plugins available that you can download and install for free. To add a timer plugin, follow these steps:
- Click on the plus icon in the Sources panel and select Browser.
- Enter the URL of the timer plugin you want to use. For example, you can use the URL “https://www.streamlabs.com/countdown-timer” to add the Streamlabs Countdown Timer plugin.
- Customize the settings of the timer plugin, such as the countdown time, font, and color.
- Position the timer plugin on your stream by dragging it to the desired location.
Step 6: Test Your Countdown Timer
After you have added your countdown timer to your stream, it’s important to test it to make sure it’s working correctly. To test your countdown timer, start a test stream and check that the timer is counting down correctly. You can also ask a friend to watch your stream and give you feedback on the countdown timer.
Adding a countdown timer to your Streamlabs OBS stream can help build anticipation and excitement for your viewers. By following these simple steps, you can easily add a countdown timer to your stream and customize it to match your branding. Remember to test your countdown timer before going live to ensure that it’s working correctly. Good luck!