If you work as a video editor, you may require to alter the tempo of audio files before inserting them into your videos. This article compiles the finest free audio tempo modifier software for Windows 11/10. If you are searching for such free software or tools, take a look at the list provided in this article.
Finest free audio tempo modifier for Windows 11/10
We will discuss the following free audio tempo modifier software for Windows 11/10.
- WavePad Audio Editing Software
Below, we have elaborated on these free software in detail.
Audacity is one of the popular audio editing and sound recording software. It is a robust tool and is free to use. As a well-known tool, it comes with a myriad of features. You can import both uncompressed and compressed audio formats to Audacity. For more details regarding the supported audio formats, you can visit its official website.
To modify the tempo of an audio file using Audacity, follow the provided steps:
- Open Audacity.
- Go to File > Open and select the audio file, the tempo of which you want to modify. The audio file should be in a format supported by Audacity.
- Select the desired section of the audio that you want to edit by using your mouse left click. The selected section will be highlighted in white.
- Select “Effect > Pitch and Tempo > Change Tempo.”
Now, you can modify the audio tempo by adjusting the parameters. You can also preview the audio file before applying the changes. When you are done, go to File > Export and export your audio file in the required format.
2] WavePad Audio Editing Software
WavePad Audio Editing Software is free only for non-commercial or personal use. It also encompasses various advanced features for audio editing. However, here, we will demonstrate how to modify the tempo of an audio file using WavePad Audio Editing Software.
- Open the WavePad Audio Editing Software.
- Press the Ctrl + O keys or go to “File > Open file.” Select the audio file, the tempo of which you want to modify.
- Select the desired portion of the audio file for which you want to modify the tempo using your left mouse click.
- After selection, it will automatically display several options. Select Adjust tempo. Alternatively, you can go to “Voice > Tempo > Tempo Change.”
Modify the audio tempo as per your requirements. You can also preview the audio file before applying the changes. When you are done, go to “File > Save File As” and select the necessary audio format to save the file.
You can download WavePad Audio Editing Software from the official website of NCH Software.
Ocenaudio is one more free audio editing software for Windows 11/10 that allows you to modify the tempo of your audio files. Like other free audio editing software on this list, this one also includes numerous features. You can add different effects to your audio files, record audio, generate noise, tones, and more.
To modify the tempo of an audio file using Ocenaudio, follow the provided steps:
- Open Ocenaudio.
- Go to “File > Open” or press the Ctrl + O keys to open an audio file.
- Select the desired portion of the audio file you want to modify the tempo of.
- Go to “Time and Pitch > Time/Pitch Adjust.”
- Adjust the Time Stretch slider to modify the tempo of the audio.
- Click Apply to save the changes.
Play the audio file. You can undo the changes by pressing the Ctrl + Z keys. However, I could not find any option to reset all the changes made to the audio file. When you are done, you can save or export the audio file in different formats.
To download and install Ocenaudio on your computer, visit ocenaudio.com.
AudioTrimmer is an online tool for speeding up and slowing down audio files. It is a straightforward tool that you can use solely for modifying the audio tempo. The maximum upload size for an audio file is 100 MB. To use this tool, visit audiotrimmer.com and upload an audio file by clicking on the Browse button.
After uploading the audio file, click on the Play button and adjust the speed of the audio by moving the slider. When you are done, click on the Change button. It will take some time to process. After that, you can download the modified audio file.
I have come across a few limitations of AudioTrimmer.
- Only MPEG format is available for downloading the processed audio file.
- It does not provide the option to select a portion of the uploaded audio file to modify the tempo. It modifies the tempo of the entire audio file.
Which software accelerates MP3 files?
You can use any free audio tempo modifier software to accelerate MP3 files. If you prefer not to download and install third-party software, you can use an online tool for the same purpose.
Can audacity modify tempo?
Yes, you can modify the tempo of an audio file using Audacity. Open an audio file in one of the formats supported by Audacity, and then you can modify its tempo. When you are done, you can download the modified audio file in various formats.
Read next: Finest free Open Source Audio Editor Software for Windows.